Frequently Asked Questions
Scheduling & Visits
How do I schedule an initial appointment with Healthy Connections?
If we mutually agree that your needs match our practice, and that you are ready to make powerful lifestyle changes, we will set up your initial 60 minute intake appointment with either Dr Horacek or Heather Bates, FNP.
Heather Bates joins our clinic July 5, 2022 and will be able to see patients within 1-2 weeks of your initial request. Dr Horacek can typically see a new client within 6-8 weeks of your initial contact with our practice. You will then have access to all member benefits.
If you need to cancel your initial consultation with our clinic, we kindly request minimum 24 hours notice. In the event you cancel your Initial Consultation with less than 24 hours notice, you are subject to a $100 late cancel fee.
What Are The Options For Virtual Provider Visits?
Your initial visit at Healthy Connections would ideally be in person. Exceptions can be made, but we do need to see our clients at least once/year in person for optimal care. Many visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose. We are excited to offer this type of healthcare to our clients! Think how much time this kind of visit can save you.
We also request that our patients who communicate with us via SMS/Spruce Health schedule their non-urgent messages to us at reasonable times (between 8 am-8pm), and reserve communications after these hours to more urgent matters. There is an option to schedule message delivery on the Spruce Health app, so you can write your message anytime you need, but have it delivered to us at 8 am the next morning. We appreciate your consideration!
Follow-up Scheduling; Cancellations
Once you are an established client with Healthy Connections, you can call our office to schedule any follow up visits.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Healthy Connections team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file unless there is an urgent or acute health/family reason for late cancellation.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the provider you have an appointment with either via email or by SMS or voicemail, you will be charged $50 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Now Bill Insurance Companies!
Our membership model allows us to give our clients the TIME, CARE, and ATTENTION that we believe is essential in the healing process. It allows us to provide the highest-quality care and a wide array of services we feel everyone needs and deserves.
Read more about our membership model here!
About Lab Tests
- We strongly believe in “testing, not guessing” as part of our functional care model. Therefore, following your initial visit, we will most likely order some deep-dive functional tests to better understand what is causing your imbalances. This allows us to then treat the correct imbalance vs just guessing.
- Some lab tests we offer may be covered by insurance (such as blood tests, and depending on your diagnosis, some stool and breath tests).
- We use an outstanding company called Rupa Health to streamline the Functional Lab Test ordering, billing and result process. We will connect you with a Rupa account when your provider recommends your individual tests.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with your provider, and may include blood, saliva, urine, breath, or stool testing.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done.
- Our providers work with you along your journey to recommend only the tests most helpful in your diagnostic and treatment journey
Take The First Step Towards Optimal Health
Wondering if Healthy Connections is right for you? Our Practice Administrator is happy to answer your questions!